Mother's Day

Hi Ladies.... I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.  Jacob ~ to my left~ and Gabe ~ to my right, came over for an alfresco lunch of panini (which Jacob created) and some pasta salad served under our pergola which is covered with a grape vine and a blooming climbing rose.  Of course, I have made this sound so charming but it was actually quite hot and the vine did not block out all of the sun.  After an hour of shuffling our chairs into the ever changing shade, we gave up and moved  into the house. While Fletch was trying to hook my computer up to the television so we can watch an instant movie on NetFlix , Gabe was looking at VWs on some web site talking to Fletch about Fastbacks, chrome wheels and rag tops.  Jacob was playing with my new touch screen IPod and then he started to doze.  I stretched out on the couch (the guy chit chat was boring me) and opened up my book, "Firman" (a book I will blog about in the future) then found myself also feeling sleepy. "Geez, if only I had a daughter or even a daughter-in-law, or two", I thought as I was trying to keep my eyes open.  "We could be talking about sun dresses at Old Navy or what we thought about the movie, "The Wrestler" or maybe zzzzzzzzzz siesta time :0 

Comments

  1. Just a foot note.... Fletch and I watched "The Wrestler" on Saturday and I liked it. Fletch was really puzzled by this because it is kind of a gritty, edgy, somewhat violent movie. However, I thought anyone in our age group could find a little of ourselves in the story line. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts